There are various ways to approach whiter teeth if you wish to avoid chemically bleaching them. A gentler approach than bleaching, is to remove the stain, without removing the natural color of the tooth. The blindingly white teeth seen in many television hosts these days is a result of chemical bleaching. Natural teeth are more of a pearl color.
My approach simply adds some ingredients to the toothpaste recipe given elsewhere on this WEB site.
– Add a few drops of 100% pure essential lemon or orange oil to your tooth paste mixture.
– mash a strawberry into a very small batch toothpaste mixture you will be using that very day (so the rest of your toothpaste doesn’t spoil).
Brush as normal. Don’t keep the strawberry mixture more than 1 – 3 days (covered and refrigerated).
You can also make a stand alone mixture.
The required ingredients are:
1 tsp baking soda
1 mashed strawberry
3 drops lemon or orange essential oil – or 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Mix baking soda with strawberry until a paste forms.
2. Add in a few drops of lemon essential oil or lemon juice. (If you use lemon juice, it will cause the baking soda to foam briefly). Put the paste mixture on your toothbrush and brush teeth for 2 minutes.
3. Rinse mouth.
4. Use immediately after preparing ingredients. This can be stored in your refrigerator for an additional 1-3 days. Mix before each use.
Note that while you may have added essential oil to your mixture, this mixture will be more abrasive than the toothpaste mixture given elsewhere. You may want to limit your usage of this mixture to once or twice a week, to limit tooth wear.
Click here for Eden’s Path WEB Site Disclaimer